Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies

Can you ever go wrong with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? I think not. My mom has always made them, and i think that i will always make them. Its the kind of recipe that you memorize, and make just whenever you feel like it. And you usually will always have the ingredients. Now, i'm no expert baker. I'm about as basic as it gets. But you don't need to be and expert to make good cookies. I am living proof of that.
I used this recipe to make my friend brooke a cookie cake! 
   This is from one of those old southern cookbooks that are packed with paperclips, stains on every other page, and no telling how old. But the recipes will always be great. you know the one thing you wont be able to find is anything "light'. 

1/2 c. oleo
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs 
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
2 c. oatmeal
1 large pkg. choc chips
1 tsp. vanilla 


Cream oleo, shortening and sugars; add 2 eggs. Sift flour, soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture; add vanilla, oatmeal, and chocolate chips. Can add nuts and/ or coconut. Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 10-12 minutes in 375 degree oven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment